Sunday, August 31, 2008

This Is Why I Try Not to Think Too Much

Here's about a week's worth:

1) I heard a radio spot this week that cracked me up. It was an announcement from the IRS warning about a particular spam e-mail scam. At the end it said something about "cracking down on these crooks". Again, this is from the IRS. Too rich.

2) I'm pretty jaded on the politics of politics, but this election is at least going to be interesting from a sociological and historic standpoint. That said, I'm still pretty jaded on the politics of politics. I'd be less so if it weren't so political. Speeches, running mates, ads, whatever. It's all politics.

3) So good to have college football back! Unless you're a Michigan fan, at least. I was watching the Phillies game yesterday, but Michigan/Utah was on so I flipped to it during commercials. At one point I actually heard the announcer, speaking of the Michigan quarterback, say "Really a nice job by Threet of getting up after that hit." Really, when not being hurt is a victory, there could be trouble. And on their next play -- a punt from their own end zone -- they took a delay fo game. Somehow I'm not convinced that their punter was trying to audible. Anyway, Michigan would be pretty good if they could just not play a first game, but I'm not sure how they can get around the math on that one.

No comments: