Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Taking On a Life of It's Own

Never before have I posted two days in a row, but some circumstances demand extraordinary action. This, my friends and reader, is one of those circumstances.

You see, yesterday I thought that my previous Buzz Goertzen blog was over and done with, but that was before I checked this joker's blog and had to go change my shorts. And THAT was before I saw his link to Buzz's myspace (even that phrase cracks me up), which features the FULL streaming version of my all-time (tied, at least) favorite Goertzen classic, "Then I Start to Yodel." And really, you HAVE to listen to the full song, because as crazy and out of control as the first half seems, it actually ends with a double-time feel and . . . are those . . . harmonies? I'm not enough of a music guy to really know or pick these thing apart, but one way or another I think it's imperative that anybody who wishes to be anything remotely close to a well-rounded or cultured person have a listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy is awesome!! Awesomely awful that is. This is by far the best blog to date. I was reading it last night about 12:30am. and started laughing and had to wake Kent up just to listen to Buzz yodel. Wonder if Stephen would conside adding a yodeler to the line-up? Just a thought...we need to reach out to all the "lost" yodelers out there as well.

Ross said...

Glad you like the blog, it's almost embarrassing how much I live to make people laugh. That said, he's really pretty good, isn't he? I'm not saying that it's not uproariously hysterical -- by all means it's uproariously hysterical -- but the dude DOES pull of some pretty wicked material, no?