Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We Have an Accord

Not an accordion (that would be polka, not yodeling), but an accord. That's right -- I'm very, VERY happy to announce that THE Buzz Goertzen has agreed (with some degree of enthusiasm, even!) to contribute a post to Flogging. . . .

What a long, strange trip it's been. Honestly, this blog was never even intended to be read, really. And then it's found by the mother of a member of a metal band, then the granddaughter of the (to my knowledge, at least) greatest living yodeler, and I can only ask myself "what's next"? And, in order to REALLY take it to the next level, I'm forced to ask . . . Dido? Are you out there? Let's hit the trifecta, baby!

But until then (and by "then" I mean "never") -- we'll be awaiting a blog by Buzz. He's busy and out of his home at the moment and so I've happily removed my one week time clock. Buzz will do what Buzz will do, whenever Buzz will do it. And that's just pretty cool with me.

4 comments:

Charles said...

I can't seem to find it, but I'm pretty sure there is a veiled reference to all of this in Revelation.

Luwinkle said...

When I saw the "Accord" in the title, I thought you went and bought a Honda.

I was preparing to be sad.

Kathy said...

So, when does the mother of the metal band get to do a post? Just kidding! I hope you are actually at that metal band's show tonight since they are in your city.

Ross said...

Kathy, I found out about the show DURING the show! Was it a last minute addition? I check on these things every couple of weeks, so it's not too often that they get by me, but I missed this one.

Another question that you can't answer -- why, WHY are they not on the "Scream the Prayer" tour? They'd have been perfect! *sigh*