Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Blindside

Let's be honest here -- "Flogging" is pretty much dead. Once in a while, though, I feel that something demands my attention. Here's the item for today:

When you see a trailer for a sports movie (or, more accurately, a film that describes itself as a "sports movie") and the only name that is mentioned is Sandra Bullock, I feel like I can confidently assert that any legitimate sports fan who goes in expecting a legitimate sports movie will leave discouraged and disappointed.

3 comments:

jered said...

My thought was that the Venn diagram with Sandra Bullock and "sports movies" had exactly zero overlap, thus meaning their net box office will be somewhere in the neighborhood of two hundred and fifty dollars.

What do Sandra Bullock, Kathy Bates, Tim McGraw, Lou Holtz, Houston Nutt, Nick Saban, and Tommy Tuberville have in common? Nothing! (Well the last 4 obviously have a lot in common, but I digress).

Craig said...

I don't know about the "Sandra Bullock" angle. Obviously, the film-makers have to do SOMETHING to get non-males to the theater. But, I did hear an interview with Tuberville on ESPN radio and it sounds like a great true sports "story." Whether or not that translates into good "movie" remains to be seen.

Anonymous said...

It's really a cool and helpful piece of info. I'm satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.


Here is my web page :: read this