Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rush to Judgment

Didn't this used to be the United States?

I'm going to start by admitting that I used to be a Limbaugh fan. It was about 15 years ago (WOW am I getting old), but it's true.

But with the current uproar about his potentially buying the St. Louis Rams my current ambivalence toward him personally is turning toward shame in our once great country. How can your political positions make you ineligible to make a purchase? Seriously! Isn't that the very foundation of a free country? Some people want to restrict another person's marketplace options because of his opinions? Wow, and wow.


Other recent thoughts:

So Obama got an award for doing nothing. So what? I'm diametrically opposed to most of his politics (when I pay enough attention to care, which is . . . pretty much never), but am annoyed with everybody being annoyed that he got an award. Good for him. Who cares?

Did anybody else see that Phillies/Rockies game last night? Wow, wow, and wow. It can't be all coincidence that flu season and baseball post-season happen at the same time, because this can't be good for any fan's health. But WOW what a way to take a series home.

Finally, in some legitimate personal big news, I'm about to up and move to take a job leading a small church in Dover, NH. I know, who goes to New Hampshire? Me, as it turns out. Also, it turns out that it's a pretty cool area and we're excited to see what God might do there. Just wish that we weren't going to pull in just in time for winter. Oh, the sacrifices. . . .

2 comments:

Craig said...

I too was amazed by the Limbaugh thing. The left preaches "tolerance" constantly--that is at least as long as they agree with (or aren't politicall oppossed to) it. This IS supposed to be free country, and it's amazing how far we've gotten from that. As for the Obama thing, I'm one of those people who just don't get it. My main problem, though is less with his politics than with the seemingly endless hordes lining up to kiss his a**.

On a somewhat related note, I think that Rasheed Wallace and Ron Artest should have their numbers retired immediately by their new respective teams because they MIGHT help their teams win a ring.

Craig said...

Please forgive my spelling errors in my previous comment. There seems to be no way to edit those after you publish...

POLITICALLY OPPOSED