Friday, March 20, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

A handful of quick thoughts after day 1 of the greatest sporting event in the history of sporting events:

1) By bracket's doing GREAT! Which can only mean one thing -- it all falls apart today. At least OU's through.

2) It's one day, and I'm already sick to death of about 6 specific commercials. I know, they keep it free, and so it's a good trade-off. But still, can we get a *little* variety? How many more times am I going to have to watch the dude jump his bike or the kid dodge-ball himself? Sonic at least has a couple different ones, but they're also recycled from years gone by ("Don't you BRING that weak tot action!" That line always gets me, I admit.). *Sigh*

3) The cheap shots on B Griffen have to stop. Seriously. It was ridiculous when the thug from USC blasted him in the package. Did anybody have any idea that things would actually get WORSE from there?

4) Can anybody else get the on-line video feed to work? I sure couldn't. Again, *Sigh*.

2 comments:

jered said...

Ditto on the tot action. That's one of my favorite lines ever.

Obama's Barack-et went 11-5 yesterday. How does that compare to your "GREAT" day? He'd have been 12-4 if not for his homestate Illini losing (which I enjoyed).

Don't worry about B-Griff. He'll bounce back. Even if, like last night, it's not always literal.

Ross said...

My first day was 15-1. Not bad! Does that mean that I can be President? Today hasn't killed me, but it hasn't been as good. I took NDSU into the Sweet 16 (they played with Kansas ALL game long, DANG!!!) and missed on a couple others.

I have people coming over tonight, so if Louisville loses my house might get burnt down. That wouldn't be a happy call to my wife. . . .