Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'll Be Honest

I was hoping for some good fan karma on that last post. Not that the sentiments weren't genuine, and I know that having shots fall is too much to ask, but why couldn't the universe pay me back with -- oh, I don't know -- some hustle on defense? A sense of urgency when you're down double-digits in the 2nd half of a tournament game? Every member of the opposing team cramping up simultaneously for an hour or so (which just *might* have been long enough to creep back into contention)?

For real, I'm starting to question whether this karma deal has any validity at all. I know it goes against the philosophy of so many, but is it possible that what I type into my keyboard here doesn't effect the game in Memphis? What's next, are we also to believe that the announcers calling somebody a good free throw shoooter doesn't suddenly and drastically lower their chance of hitting? Are we to believe that mentioning that we're having a decent day at work doesn't suddenly cause chaos to ensue? I know, I know. I'm taking this loss awfully hard and talking crazy. There just has to be a more reasonable explanation, right?

No comments: