Saturday, November 1, 2008

Greatest. Year. Ever.

Philadelphia isn't necessarily known as a "happy" town. On Friday, however, 2 million or so of my closest Philly fan friends (no, I'm NOT going to spell them with ph's) created the most euphoric atmosphere I've ever experienced. Just unbelievable. When I left my hotel and turned on the radio at 6 am (for the noon start!!!), there were already people there. When I got there at about 8, the party was on. And by noon?

Rather than try to tell you about it, here's a couple million words worth (click on them and they get really big):









And, for those who care, if you'd like to have ANY idea of the number of people who turned out, click

here, here, and/or here.

2 comments:

Luwinkle said...

And Cole Hamels, the MVP, won a new camaro. :D

When they come out, that is.

jered said...

I just realized that if LSU pulls off this upset, Tech loses to OsU tonight, and if Cal were to beat USC (neither of the last two are implausible), the BCS might look like this:

1. Texas
2. Florida
3. UO
4. OsU
5. Tech