Friday, October 24, 2008

Hate Me for a GOOD Reason (There Are Plenty!)

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure I will. There's a movie that just came out that seems like it's basic premise is to ridicule, shame, mock, and basically belittle all things Christian. I remember seeing one band in particular (who was touring with a band of Christ-followers, no less) introducing a song with something similar to "This song is for everybody who doesn't believe in stupid a f'n fairy tale. . . ." I remember seeing a roadie once with a shirt that said "Christianity is stupid."

What's the deal on all this? Why do some people hate other people for believing in something? I understand not believing. . . but who cares if somebody else DOES believe?

I have a Lions fan buddy who seems legitimately convinced that there's a league-wide conspiracy to keep the Lions down. I don't believe that, but I don't hate him for believing or write songs or make shirts or make films dedicated to making him look dumb.

I'm not sold on the idea of aliens or ufo's or whatever. In fact, if there really is intelligent life "out there," and they are so intelligent as to come to our planet from theirs, I think that we'd all know about them if they wanted us to and none of us would know if they didn't want us to. They'd have to be really, REALLY smart, you see. So I'm skeptical on ufo reports and what not, but there's no reason to hate those who do believe, right? Why would I care? How is the fact that people believe in grey creatures from another world worth manufacturing negative energy?

So, obviously, I believe Jesus Christ was who he said he was. I hope you agree! But if not, and if you decide to hate me for it, that's on you.

1 comment:

Luwinkle said...

As a general rule of thumb, people hate/fear things they don't understand.