Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Believe the Hype

Even though -- check that, especially since -- there is no hype.

Let's face it, we live in an over-promise, under-deliver world. We've been promised so much and received so little that we often expect to receive less than we're promised in an attempt to be disappointed less, and still we're disappointed all too often. Is there anything that truly delivers? Anything that has a reasonable price and an unreasonable payoff?

Yes Virginia, there is.

Butter Baked Chicken is the Tuesday night special at Cracker Barrel. It costs $8 and comes with two sides plus cornbread or biscuits. It's a lot of food, and it's ridiculously delicious. In fact, if you go to the Fern Creek location, it seems to sell out by about 6:30.

3 comments:

Luwinkle said...

Cracker Barrel has some wicked specials.
I'm in love with their sunday special, that chicken is mind boggingly awesome.
I finished the book by the way(random).

Ross said...

Cool, that was fast! What did you think? Do you want another one (I could feed you books for a LONG time!)?

Luwinkle said...

Well, 8 hour days, 5 days a week..with atleast 5 or so hours a day that can be used for reading. Books don't last long, I only stop when my eyes hurt.

And of course, I can always use more reading material.
I still find it hilarious Lewis's middle name was Staples.