Wednesday, June 18, 2008

B-Day Shuffle Play

If you know me, you know that there are really only two "things" in life that I care about ("things" excluding God and people): cd's and sports. And if you know me well, you know that I have a pretty good cd collection and you know which teams I've been cheering for 20-some years solid.

Well yesterday the 17th was my birthday, and Baby hooked me up with exactly what I wanted -- you see, my two 100-cd towers have been over-filled for some time now, and the space below the tv in the entertainment center was virtually out of space for the "discard" pile, too. Plus, I had the constant struggle of organization -- which cd's make it into the sacred tower, and how is this determined? And of course they're all alphabetical by artist (and chronological within the artist, naturally), and then when you pick up -- say, the latest Apostisy album, and you know it's worthy of a place, you have to determine which cd to REplace, right, and if it's, say, a mediocre Zao offering, well that's about 195 cd's to re-arrange, one at a time. It's a lot of re-arranging, you see, and so this new high-capacity shelf system is going to make all of that null and void. It's great!

You know who I have nothing on, though? They guy who's going to have to re-arrange and make room for Banner Number Seventeen. It's been a loooooong 22 years (keep in mind, I'm not a "Boston" sports fan, and it's been since '86 since any of "my" pro teams have won), and I was never really sure it would happen again. So happy. So, so happy.

No comments: