Monday, March 24, 2008

Gluttons for Flogging

It happened at 10:15 pm on Thursday March 20. There was no fanfare, no fireworks, and certainly no press coverage. If CNN was aware of the story they either buried it on the cutting room floor or else nobody ever told me that it was a "go" story. But don't be fooled by what the mass media choses not to tell you -- it happened.

Flogging, But With a "B" has now received a hit from every state in the union, as well as the District.

It's the 50+1.

As well as at least 71 other countries, some of which I've never heard of (have the Aland Islands just recently appeared since my college geography class? Was there a big sub-oceanic volcano in a place that has great weather and so it became inhabited and hooked up the internet since I was in college? How does this happen?) (ok, I looked them up, and I guess not), have also stopped in.

I have to say, for a blog that was never actually intended to be read in the first place, it's quite an accomplishment. I never imagined that I'd be able to disappoint such a substantial swath of society with meaninglessness and drivel. I've covered sports and metal, non-sports and Buzz Goertzen, more sports, more metal, and a bit about church/Christ-following and myself. And then some more sports. I could have done it without you, of course, but I didn't. Well, sort of I did. But that's not the point. I don't think? Ok, I have no idea what the point is, but I sure hope it's a good one.

And so the only appropriate things to say at this point would be "thank you" and "I'm sorry." And now I'll try to disappoint you on a somewhat more regular basis than I have been of late!

3 comments:

Luwinkle said...

You couldn't have done Buzz without me!

Well, maybe, but less likely.

Ross said...

No, there's a lot of truth there. I COULD have . . . but there's almost no chance that I WOULD have. Look at you, crazy fire-starter!!!

Luwinkle said...

I do enjoy the fire.