Monday, July 30, 2007

Seriously, who ARE you people?

A month or so ago, I found a sem-sophisticated stat tracker and popped it on this bad boy to see just how many people were really coming around. Considering that the only real point of the blog has nothing to do with the blog itself and the content is somewhere between fun at best and garbage at worst . . . where are all of you coming from? Are you THAT interested in my thoughts about sports, music, and working in a dvd warehouse? A friend or family member who feels like you HAVE to read or you're not being a "good" friend or family member? Are you some random stranger who's never met me but finds something strangely compelling about a skinny Christ-follower who links to metal bands and 1,200 calorie a plate restaurants?

Why have random computers in, say, FL, PA, NY . . . not to mention Germany, Austria, and India come to Flogging, But with a "B"? Who ARE you people, and seriously -- why do you come here? I have to be honest, it's creeping me out just a little bit . . . .

6 comments:

Luwinkle said...

Well, I don't feel like I HAVE to come here. But your random ramblings do tend to interest me. Otherwise how could I have stood working next to you for 8-12 hours a day?
And on the subject of random people. The counter shows how many people come here..not how many read it. Some people may just be popping through blogs to see if they can find one that interests them. Doesn't necessarily mean they sit here and read everything.
Just a thought.
And as a random sidenote, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY INSURANCE KICKS IN. 2 months of this is enough to drive anyone mental.
Aight, I'm done.

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to creep you out!! I am interested in what you have to say. (well sometimes.......) I have to admit I get lost in the sports ones but that is my problem.

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I find your blog humorous and enlightening. Other than that, I'm just a crazy guy who actually enjoys living in your hometown! :)

Luwinkle said...

Hey Terri. Don't feel too lost, I've known the guy for over a year and I STILL get lost with his sports stuff.

Anonymous said...

ok...I want to know about the word "puppy" you use quite often...A few weeks ago you were using it in a sermon as a word for fuzzy, warm feelings, but everytime I've heard you use it since then, it's been used as a negative noun! What's with that? :0)

Ross said...

Well everybody says to never read or respond to anonymous mail . . . but for you I'll make an exception.

1) Do I really consistently use "puppy" as a negative noun? I don't mean to convey any necessary good OR bad connotations when I use it outside of a canine context, really. It's sort of like a sprig of parsley -- it can go on a steak and potato plate OR liver and onions.

2) If I could, I would like to kindly point(e) you toward the concept of "semantic domain."

3) Wohoo!